Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant - Dorchester, MA
Carney Hospital, Dorchester, MA is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a stable collegial staff of Emergency Medicine Physicians and Advanced Practitioners who provide care to approximately 35,000 patients annually.
We have full-time, part-time and per diem opportunities available for qualified candidates.
Highlights of Joining the Steward Medical Group/Good Samaritan Medical Center
• Be part of a larger system where over 70 Advanced Practitioners are employed in Emergency Medicine.
• Provide care to a diverse patient population, ranging in all levels of acuity.
• Obtain patient histories
• Perform comprehensive physical examinations to evaluate patients for admission
• Perform bedside diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
• Coordinate tests and consultations
• Implement treatment plans which includes communicating with referring and consulting physicians
• Provide consultation, teaching, and coordination with patients and their family members of treatment and medical care
• Prepare patients for discharge
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care is required.
• A Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants is required or Master's Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner's Program.
• Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively alongside our emergency physicians and Emergency Medicine residents
Please send cv to:
Catrina Morgan, Physician Recruitment Specialist
Connect with a Recruiter
Connect with a recruiter today to learn about the opportunities available at Steward.