Explore our Markets
Ohio Towns & Culture
Steward Medical Group’s Ohio practice locations include Austintown, Canfield, Cortland, Girard, Kinsman, Newton Falls, Warren and Youngstown. Our practices in Ohio are affiliated with Northside Regional Medical Center, Trumbull Regional Medical Center and/or Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital.
Highlights about the Youngstown/Warren Area:
- Youngstown State University, located just down the street from Northside Regional Medical Center, has been named by Forbes one of the top four-year public and private universities and colleges. According to YSU President Jim Tressel, Youngstown State is near the top 20 percent of colleges and universities in the country.
- The Youngstown area has been named one of the nation’s top cities for healthcare access and home affordability by SmartAsset; a finance and technology company based in New York. The company credits the area for its affordable housing market and Youngstown State University’s health care support.
- The Chevrolet Cruze, one of the top selling cars in the U.S. is assembled at the General Motors Lordstown Plant located in the Mahoning Valley.
About the Area:
There are many enjoyable recreational and cultural activities to do around the Mahoning Valley.
Mill Creek Park is one of the nation’s largest metropolitan park systems, with the park covering over 2,350 acres. Some popular features in the park include:
- D.D. & Velma David Education and Visitor Center, which received the Outstanding Facility Award from the Ohio Parks and Recreation Association.
- Lanterman’s Mill, a working mill that is still operational and grinds corn, buckwheat and oats.
- Mill Creek Park Golf Course, which was ranked 26th Best Public Golf Course in the country by Golfweek Magazine.
- 45 miles of scenic biking, hiking and running trails.
- 3 state parks, 8 state wildlife/forest preserves and a national scenic river.
Golfers have the opportunity to tee up at 46 public and 8 private courses in the area.
Theater and Art
- The Butler Institute for American houses one of the world’s best collections of American Art.
- The Warner Theater located in Youngstown was constructed by the motion picture-famed Warner Brothers. Today, the theater is known as the DeYor Performing Arts Center and continues to host the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra and other renowned theatrical productions.
- The Covelli Centre located downtown Youngstown is an entertainment arena that hosts hockey games, big venue concerts, ice shows and special events. Some of the musicians that have played at this venue include Bob Dylan, Elton John, Rod Stewart and Carrie Underwood.
- OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology features a family-friendly hands-on learning environment for children of all ages.
In addition to the over 40 cultural activity venues there are also the below highlights:
- Arms Family Museum of Local History
- National Packard Museum
- Stambaugh Auditorium
- Packard Musical Hall
- Center of Industry and Labor
- Warren Philharmonic Orchestra
- President William McKinley Memorial
- Oakland Center for the Arts
- Sutliff Museum
Ohio Travel & Highlights
The Youngstown-Warren area is a great place to call home with its easy access to international and regional airports, beautiful affordable housing, family friendly and safe neighborhoods and many cultural activity venues. With many extensive family recreational and educational opportunities, the area is a great place to raise a family.
The Mahoning Valley is centrally located and has easy access to three other airports within a 75-mile radius to provide daily non-stop flights across the United States and internationally.
Cleveland Hopkins Internal Airport (CLE)
Akron-Canton Regional Airport (CAK)
Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
There are many local and national sporting venues near the Mahoning Valley. Whether you prefer watching baseball, football or hockey there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- The Mahoning Valley Scappers- minor league Cleveland Indians Affiliate play at Eastwood Field located in Niles, Ohio.
- The Cleveland Indians-Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- The Pittsburgh Pirates- PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA
- Cleveland Cavaliers- Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio
- Youngstown State University Penguins- Stambaugh Stadium in Youngstown, Ohio
- Cleveland Browns- First Energy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio
- Pittsburgh Steelers- Hines Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- The Mahoning Valley Phantoms- affiliated with the North American Hockey League (NAHL) compete at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, Ohio.
- Cleveland Monsters- Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio
- Pittsburgh Penguins- PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania